1. From some reason, one of my server's date is shifted by 1 month to the past.
2. ntpd contacts Google's trusted server via https.
3. When trying to fix the invalid date thing, SSL verification fails due to "certificate not yet valid" and connection to Google's host fails.
4. From some reason, when connection to the "constraint" server fails, `pool.ntp.org` connection also fails.
5. I can't synchronize the date through NTP because I have an invalid date.
@JonT I've set the date manually and indeed I've commented out this line from the config to prevent future fails.
I'm just wondering why `ntpd` fails to connect to `pool.ntp.org` if it fails to connect to the "constraint" server.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!