1. From some reason, one of my server's date is shifted by 1 month to the past.
2. ntpd contacts Google's trusted server via https.
3. When trying to fix the invalid date thing, SSL verification fails due to "certificate not yet valid" and connection to Google's host fails.
4. From some reason, when connection to the "constraint" server fails, `pool.ntp.org` connection also fails.
5. I can't synchronize the date through NTP because I have an invalid date.
@JonT I've set the date manually and indeed I've commented out this line from the config to prevent future fails.
I'm just wondering why `ntpd` fails to connect to `pool.ntp.org` if it fails to connect to the "constraint" server.
Why should you sign up on mstdn.io?
This instance is not focused on any theme or subject, feel free to talk about whatever you want. Although the main language is english, we accept every single language and country.
We're connected to the whole ActivityPub fediverse and we do not block any foreign instance nor user.
We do have rules, but the goal is to have responsible users.
The instance uses a powerful server to ensure speed and stability, and it has good uptime. We follow state-of-the-art security practices.
Also, we have over 300 custom emojis to unleash your meming potential!
Looking for a Kpop themed instance? Try kpop.social