I've got one of these wee sharp things protruding at the edge of my fingernail. It is attached to the skin surrounding the nail.

Anyone know what it is and what it is called?

I hate them, so irritating, I don't know what they're called but I usually just pull them out along with the skin. It then hurts for a few days after.


They are called hangnails, as identified by @gedvondur

Sign in to participate in the conversation

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!