I want to fucking nuke Twitter. I swear to god. You know that bit in Terminator 2 where Sarah Connor has that nightmare vision of the city being annihilated in a nuclear blast, and you see the flesh stripping itself from the bones of the skeletons in the playground? I want to see that happen to Twitter HQ.
* It has the shittiest interface
* Even I can tell the API is fundamentally broken
* The entire experience of using the site thorough a mobile browser is intentionally crippled (bird logo for ages, throbbers, "sorry, twitter took too long to load", nagwalls advertising the app) to try and force you into using their garbage fucking app
* Pretty much invented monetising user data, along with Facebook
* As if it wasn't bad enough having to look at bullshit that companies paid to promote, you now also have to look at whatever asinine identity politics HORSE SHIT some intern found interesting (Moments™)
* They just cannot leave timeline / hash tag sorting alone
* They FUCKING ADMIT that the trending tables are rigged, that they remove "problematic" tags from them (#gamergate
was the first I think) and artificially bump up tags they agree with (both twitter and Facebook admitted to doing this with Syria related content)
* They have the fucking AUDACITY to try and present themselves as "trendily left wing" while literally forcing a two-tier caste society in which only chosen voices get heard, and ordinary people are completely drowned out
* ALGORITHMS CAN SUSPEND YOU.
* THEY GENUINELY THINK SHADOWBANNING, WHICH WAS A JOKE / TRICK WHEN SOMETHING AWFUL IMPLEMENTED IT AS "HELLBANNING" LAST DECADE, IS A LEGITIMATE MODERATION TOOL.
* Their horrible hotbox of a website, designed to get users heated and arguing with each other, has polluted the culture of the rest of the internet. Did you think 4chan made the internet angrier? Not a chance, it was fucking Twitter and if you stop to think about it for one second you'll agree. It might not even be an exaggeration to say that this brutal, sectarian, "punch first and ask questions later" political climate that we now fucking love in, that decides our elections and ruins our friendships, is the direct product of Twitter. ESPECIALLY SINCE NEWS OUTLETS, EVEN OFFLINE ONES, PERSIST IN TREATING IT AS A SOURCE OF MATERIAL.
Give it no quarter. Relentlessly sealion your friends who use it about switching to the fediverse. Refuse to engage with it. Ultimately you will be screaming uselessly into the fucking void but at least you will know you spoke out against evil.
Fuck that corporation and every single person who works for them.