I never did an #introduction, so here goes:
• I like #ObjC and am the developer of @ObjFW
• I'm interested in obscure CPU architectures and *enjoy* writing assembly for them (weirdest in my collection are #Itanium, #PARISC and #SH4 🙂)
• I'm into obscure OSes (e.g. #MorphOS)
• I collect retro hardware
• I am an #XMPP advocate (decentralized & federated like Mastodon!)
• I mostly use #macOS :apple_inc:, @openbsd and #NetBSD :netbsd: as a daily OS
• I am also a @haiku 🍃 developer
Dear #openbsd users, due to Firefox being too complicated to package thanks to Rust and cbindgen (too much work for no volunteer), 6.6-stable won't receive any www/mozilla-firefox update so OpenBSD 6.6 Firefox will stay vulnerable to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2020-03/ (exploited in the wild!!)
On the other hand, firefox-esr is still updated so I highly recommend switching to firefox-esr if you are running 6.6-stable.
if you run OpenBSD 6.5, you are late and you should upgrade to 6.6.
Remember a couple years ago when I was very negative on Tim Burners Lee and the W3C for allowing DRM into the spec with a non-unanimous vote? Well here is the beginning of the fallout of that decision:
Is this ... real? Also, does he know ActivityPub already exists and Twitter would just need to adopt it? https://twitter.com/jack/status/1204766078468911106
I feel like this work was overshadowed by other news, this is exciting stuff and nice to see Firefox closer to being on-par with chromium on #OpenBSD.
"Our corporate policy does not allow us to disclose our use of open source software”. Fuck you, then. https://berthub.eu/articles/posts/anonymous-help/
MIPS is no longer "open"
That weird dude with the mission to make sure Objective-C works on every platform this planet invented.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!