I never did an #introduction, so here goes:
• I like #ObjC and am the developer of @ObjFW
• I'm interested in obscure CPU architectures and *enjoy* writing assembly for them (weirdest in my collection are #Itanium, #PARISC and #SH4 🙂)
• I'm into obscure OSes (e.g. #MorphOS)
• I collect retro hardware
• I am an #XMPP advocate (decentralized & federated like Mastodon!)
• I mostly use #macOS :apple_inc:, @openbsd and #NetBSD :netbsd: as a daily OS
• I am also a @haiku 🍃 developer
Remember a couple years ago when I was very negative on Tim Burners Lee and the W3C for allowing DRM into the spec with a non-unanimous vote? Well here is the beginning of the fallout of that decision:
Posted the same link on Twitter and now Twitter is down. 🤷♂️
I guess the domain works?
Is this ... real? Also, does he know ActivityPub already exists and Twitter would just need to adopt it? https://twitter.com/jack/status/1204766078468911106
Is there perhaps a way to easily create bot accounts that mirror twitter accounts to the fediverse?
"Our corporate policy does not allow us to disclose our use of open source software”. Fuck you, then. https://berthub.eu/articles/posts/anonymous-help/
MIPS is no longer "open"
Did you know?
The Netscape Fishcam was the second public #webcam on the web. It went online in 1994 and it let you watch the Netscape office aquarium via a secret shortcut in Netscape Navigator by holding CTRL+ALT+F. I was a fan!
The camera survived the closure of Netscape and it's still online today as The Amazing Fishcam.
Go on and take a look!
That weird dude with the mission to make sure Objective-C works on every platform this planet invented.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!