I never did an #introduction, so here goes:
• I like #ObjC and am the developer of @ObjFW
• I'm interested in obscure CPU architectures and *enjoy* writing assembly for them (weirdest in my collection are #Itanium, #PARISC and #SH4 🙂)
• I'm into obscure OSes (e.g. #MorphOS)
• I collect retro hardware
• I am an #XMPP advocate (decentralized & federated like Mastodon!)
• I mostly use #macOS , @openbsd and #NetBSD as a daily OS
• I am also a @haiku 🍃 developer
@stsp @benno In https://www.openbsd.org/papers/guug2018-german.pdf steht was von #Pinebook. Wisst ihr, was da der aktuelle Status ist? Außer euren Slides konnte ich leider nichts finden.
… aaaaand sendpr sent. 🙂
Anyone with #pkgsrc commit bits here to commit it? 😉
@JPEG Also, it seems like the timeline is incomplete. It either forgets the entire timeline and I cannot scroll back far enough, or when I load new Toots it only skips a bunch of older Toots.
And initially, Mast tagged someone else in this Toot for reasons I don’t understand. And typing @ at the beginning of the Toot no longer shows a picker (in redraft).
@JPEG Mast is now showing custom emojis. But it is still showing the : surrounding it.
@tootapp @wakest @broken @veer66 @kaniini And yes, it is trivial. And Swift still exposes many classes as ObjC classes 😉. BTDT. iOS binaries are 100x easier to reverse and modify than most people realize.
All in all, I'm happy with it for the price, and the build quality exceeds expectations.
One warning: It's missing the \ key. It's Fn and = instead. In order to get |, you need to press Shift, Fn and =. That really needs some getting used to, especially since Fn is in the middle instead of on the left.
• The display is really nice. The resolution is so high that I think I need new glasses.
• Compositing is a bit sluggish. I won't use it anyway once I put another OS on there.
• Firefox is quite slow.
• The speakers are unusable. Not even sufficient to watch a movie in a completely quiet room.
• I/O feels slow. I have not put in the 64 GB eMMC yet, though.
• It's *very* light!
I also tried spreading this on Twitter now, please boost there as well: https://twitter.com/Midar3/status/1060246069454495744
Running AIX 7.2 TL3SP1 on x86_64 via qemu-system-ppc64
That weird dude with the mission to make sure Objective-C works on every platform this planet invented.
Fast, secure and up-to-date instance, welcoming everyone around the world. Join us! 🌍
Up since 04/04/2017. ✅
Why should you sign up on mstdn.io?
This instance is not focused on any theme or subject, feel free to talk about whatever you want. Although the main language is english, we accept every single language and country.
We're connected to the whole OStatus/ActivityPub fediverse and we do not block any foreign instance nor user.
We do have rules, but the goal is to have responsible users. So far we haven't had any issue with moderation
The instance uses a powerful server to ensure speed and stability, and it has good uptime. We follow state-of-the-art security practices.
Also, we have over 300 custom emojis to unleash your meming potential!
Looking for a Kpop themed instance? Try kpop.social