so here's the deal here's the thing
- if a minor says something's bothering them, it's real
- if a minor says they're trans, it's true
- if a minor has opinions about "adult" level topics, particularly politics, it's valid. probably more valid than your opinion
- they will not "understand when they're older". you failed to understand something when you were young. stop projecting
- the policy of "bathroom control" in american classrooms which appears to extend even to high school is power tripping and misogynist abuse. stop it. get some help
@haskal /Bathroom control?/
@IceWolf "you need a bathroom pass to go to the bathroom" etc
@IceWolf @haskal I'd say even worse than passes are the classes that would allocate you a certain number of bathroom trips for the school year and if you used them up, too bad should have went before/after class. Usually used in high school classes for general studies tracks and classes you'd see more lower income students in too :/
@haskal @IceWolf @metawish when I first learned about these things in America from some movie I thought it was satire. Then found out they really do that. Ever notice how all American media set in a high school just reinforces that everyone different deserves to be constantly bullied because “that’s just how school is” (upholding the status quo is the real American dream)?
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!