The BIGGEST Feature of KDE Plasma 6! https://tube.kockatoo.org/videos/watch/c1be57a7-9a0b-48c4-9532-588286b3c20c
'Centre Thought They Could Bludgeon The Court Like Earlier That We Say This & The Court Will Accept It' : Justice Deepak Gupta On Pegasus Order @[email protected],@[email protected],@[email protected],@[email protected] https://www.livelaw.in/top-stories/pegasus-order-justice-deepak-gupta-supreme-court-cji-ramana-centre-184550
google antitrust filing thread from @[email protected]
RT Lock (with permission):
Ok so, I just read through all 173 pages of the unredacted Google antitrust filing and I have to say that either Google is screwed or society is screwed, we'll find out which.
Unordered list of fun things I learned:
- google has a secret deal with facebook called "Jedi Blue" that they knew was so illegal that it has a whole section describing how they'll cover for each other if anyone finds out
- google appears to have a team called gTrade that is wholly dedicated to ad market manipulation
- Google had a plan called "Project NERA" to turn the web into a walled garden they called "Not Owned But Operated". A core component of this was the forced logins to the chrome browser you've probably experienced (surprise!)
- Google is willing to do almost everything to prevent people from circumventing their ad exchanges
- This is what AMP is about
- Google habitually insider trades on their ad exchanges in every way you can think of and every way you can't. Too many ways to list here.
- The exchanges are also rigged so that google wins on bids where they aren't the highest bidder.
- A large amount of people inside google are aware of all of this
- If Google ever tells you some change will increase your ad yield, run. In fact anything they tell you is a lie
- Google has worked with Facebook and Microsoft to discourage them from increasing user privacy, lamenting occasions where they prioritized their reputation over their collective business interest
You can read the full unredacted document for yourself here:
I think we should educate teachers and general public about dangers of surveillance capitalism where you pay with your data, privacy and even at the cost of losing our political agency to big companies. #Google is providing 'Free of Cost' only because they know to make money out of people's data and has a monopoly in online ads. Would you join me?
Well this is interesting. An original Sci-Fi show being presented in short segments on Youtube and Vimeo. Production looks good and acting seems legit. Hopefully the story is good.
August Community Update!
We're excited to announce the
#PineNote: fast refresh e-ink panel, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC, Rockchip RK3566- $399
- #PinePhone keyboard enters production - coming soon
- #PinebookPro new touchpad firmware
- development updates
And _much_ more!
Make Plasma 5.22 great! Join us for Beta Review Day on May 22 and help us squash all the bugs in Plasma 5.22 Beta: http://blog.davidedmundson.co.uk/blog/plasma-5-22-beta-testing-day
Sci-Hub Undertakes Before Delhi HC To Not Upload Till Jan 6 New Articles In Which Elsevier, Wiley India & ACS Claim Copyright @[email protected],@[email protected],@[email protected],@[email protected] https://www.livelaw.in/news-updates/delhi-high-court-sci-hub-lib-gen-copyright-infringement-167671
After the Five Eyes, the EU Council is now trying to backdoor encryption in messaging apps. We will keep fighting for your right to privacy. 💪 Here is why: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/eu-backdoor-surveillance
It's good that the MIT uses the same arguments: http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/97690
(comic v/Stuart Carlson)
Ad Observatory is an NYU project that enlists Facebook users to record the ads they see, building a database of the ads Facebook runs and to check whether Facebook is adhering to its own policies, for example, on labeling and limiting political ads
GitHub has removed the ability to access youtube-dl's source code due to a DMCA request by the RIAA
... The clear purpose of this source code is to (i) circumvent the technological protection measures used by authorized streaming services such as YouTube, and (ii) reproduce and distribute music videos and sound recordings owned by our member companies without authorization for such use. We note that the source code is described on GitHub as “a command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and a few more sites.” ...
Micah F. Lee (EFF/The Intercept @micahflee https://nitter.net/micahflee/status/1319746131723628544?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
"RIAA blitz takes down 18 GitHub projects used for downloading YouTube videos"
HN discussion: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=24872911
Censorship, propaganda, surveillance, and targeted manipulation are inherent characteristics of monopoly: https://joindiaspora.com/posts/7bfcf170eefc013863fa002590d8e506
RMS, "The Right to Read" (1997): https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.en.html
Remember that the RIAA is a bad-publicity-deflection cartel of its major members. These are:
Current Etherium Network Fees Are Killing CryptoCurrency Tokens Like The #Brave Browsers #BAT Currency. Smaller amount of digital currency tokens on the #Etherium blockchain have become worthless due to the unusually high transaction fees.
A Lawyer claims that he has filed a Contempt Petition against @[email protected] for this tweet on 9/7/2020
CJI rides a 50 Lakh motorcycle belonging to a BJP leader at Raj Bhavan Nagpur, without a mask or helmet, at a time when he keeps the SC in Lockdown mode denying citizens their fundamental right to access Justice!
Never thought that I will come across a Statute, the name of which exceeds @[email protected]'s 280 characters limit. Here is a screenshot of the name. Is this the longest worded Statute in India ? @[email protected]
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!